HIV Talks interview met dr. Graeme Moyle
In deze video (22 minuten) deelt dr. Graeme Moyle (Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, Londen) zijn inzichten op basis van studies, waarin gekeken is naar de verschillen tussen TAF en TDF op gewichtstoename, botmineraaldichtheid, nierfunctie, lipidenprofiel en cardiovasculair risicoprofiel.
Short biography Dr Graeme Moyle
Dr Graeme Moyle, MD, MB BS, Dip. GUM, has been caring for PLWH since 1988 after receiving his medical degree (MB, BS) from the University of Adelaide in Adelaide, South Australia in 1986 and subsequently doctorate (MD) in 1994. Over the years, Dr Moyle has worked on HIV research since the late 1980s in the field of HIV therapy, drug resistance and pharmacology and has published over 220 original scientific articles as well as reviews and editorials. He is a consultant physician and HIV specialist at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital in London, U.K., and personally cares for a large cohort of PLWH. He is a member of the IAS core faculty, having also served on the British HIV Association Treatment Guidelines Writing Committee and works with several HIV advocacy and education groups.
Benieuwd hoe het verdraagzaamheidsprofiel van doravirine eruit ziet?
- Watkins ME, et al. Development of a Novel Formulation That Improves Preclinical Bioavailability of Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate. J Pharm Sci. 2017;106(3):906-919.
- Fischer, J, et al. Analogue-based Drug Discovery. John Wiley & Sons.2006, page 505.
- Summary of Product Characteristics Viread. Available at https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/product-information/ ireadepar-product-information_en.pdf.
- Markowitz M, et al. Phase I/II study of the pharmacokinetics, safety and antiretroviral activity of tenofovir alafenamide, a new prodrug of the HIV reverse transcriptase inhibitor tenofovir, in HIV-infected adults. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2014;69(5):1362-9.
- Hill A, et al. Tenofovir alafenamide versus tenofovir disoproxil fumarate: is there a true difference in efficacy and safety? J Virus Erad. 2018;4(2):72-79.
- Randell PA, et al. The effect of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate on wholebody insulin sensitivity, lipids and adipokines in healthy volunteers. Antivir Ther. 2010;15(2):227-33.
- Sax PE, et al. Tenofovir alafenamide versus tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, coformulated with elvitegravir, cobicistat, and emtricitabine, for initial treatment of HIV-1 infection: two randomised, double-blind, phase 3, non-inferiority trials. Lancet. 2015;385(9987):2606-2615.
- Avihingsanon A, et al. Week 48 results of a phase 3-randomized controlled trial of bictegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide (B/F/TAF) vs dolutegravir + emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (DTG+F/TDF) as initial treatment in HIV/HBV-coinfected adults (ALLIANCE). AIDS 2022. Abstract OALBX0105.
- Mayer KH, et al. Emtricitabine and tenofovir alafenamide vs emtricitabine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate for HIV preexposure prophylaxis (DISCOVER): primary results from a randomised, doubleblind, multicentre, active-controlled, phase 3, non-inferiority trial. Lancet. 2020;396(10246):239-254.
- Glidden DV, et al. Metabolic Effects of Preexposure Prophylaxis With Coformulated Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate and Emtricitabine. Clin Inf Dis. 2018;67(3):411-419.
- Landovitz RJ, et al. Cabotegravir for HIV Prevention in Cisgender Men and Transgender Women. N Engl J Med. 2021;385:595- 6082021.
- Mallon PWG, et al. Weight gain before and after switch from TDF to TAF in a U.S. cohort study. J Int AIDS Soc. 2021 ;24(4): e25702.
- Erlandson KM, et al. Weight Change Following Antiretroviral Therapy Switch in People With Viral Suppression: Pooled Data from Randomized Clinical Trials. Clin Infect Dis. 2021;73(8):1440-1451.
- Venter WD, et al. Dolutegravir with emtricitabine and tenofovir alafenamide or tenofovir disoproxil fumarate versus efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate for initial treatment of HIV-1 infection (ADVANCE): week 96 results from a randomised, phase 3, non-inferiority trial. Lancet HIV. 2020;7:e666-76.
- Venter WF, et al. Final week 192 results from the ADVANCE trial: first-line TAF/FTC/DTG, TDF/FTC/DTG vs TDF/FTC/EFV. AIDS 2022. Poster abstract PELBB01.
- Bosch B, et al. Weight and Metabolic Changes After Switching From Tenofovir Alafenamide/Emtricitabine (FTC) +Dolutegravir (DTG), Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (TDF)/FTC + DTG, and TDF/FTC/ Efavirenz to TDF/Lamivudine/DTG. Clin Inf Dis. 2023;76(8):1492–5.
- Silverberg M, et al. Changes in body mass index over time in persons with and without HIV. AIDS 2020: 23rd International AIDS Conference Virtual. July 6-10, 2020. Abstract OAB0603.
- Kim SF, et al. A loss of ERA attenuates DTG-mediated disruption of thermogenesis in brown adipocytes. CROI 2023. Abstract 147.
- Milinkovic A, et al. Reversible effect on lipids by switching from tenofovir disoproxil fumarate to tenofovir alafenamide and back. AIDS. 2019;33(15):2387-2391.
- D:A:D Study Group. Use of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors and risk of myocardial infarction in HIV-infected patients enrolled in the D:A:D study: a multi-cohort collaboration. Lancet. 2008;371(9622):1417-1426.
- Packard C, et al. Intensive low-density lipoprotein cholesterol lowering in cardiovascular disease prevention: opportunities and challenges. Heart. 2021;107:1369-1375.
- NIH. Daily statin reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease in people living with HIV, large NIH study finds. Tuesday, April 11, 2023. Available at https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases.
- WHO. Consolidated guidelines on HIV prevention, testing, treatment, service delivery and monitoring: recommendation for a public health approach. July 2021.
- Overton ET, et al. Vitamin D and calcium attenuate bone loss with antiretroviral therapy initiation: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med.2015; 162:815-24.
- Weaver CM, et al. Cost-benefit analysis of calcium and vitamin D supplements. Arch Osteoporos. 2019;14(1):50.
- Paton NI, et al. Dolutegravir or Darunavir in Combination with Zidovudine or Tenofovir to Treat HIV. N Engl J Med. 2021;385:330- 341
NL-NON-02381 | juli 2023